Remember when it actually look at lot of work and expertise to get published? Now you just need a keyboard and an email address, and you can publish opinions and mantras of which you know absolutely nothing. And it is spectacular. Watch me go!
- Actual Nicolas Cage movie titles: Bad Lieutenant, Bangkok Dangerous, Drive Angry. I know, it seems completely impossible, doesn’t it.
- Literally…literally…out of nowhere I got this sudden urge to play more drive pedals. Just looked at Lunar Module’s, Foxey Fuzz’s, Mosferatu’s, Holy Fire’s, and Ethos TLE’s. I have no idea where the desire came from, but it is wonderful.
- “Hey homie! Is that my briefcase?”
- Been mic’ing my G12H30 instead of the Blue lately. I think the Blue is almost getting too broken in for me. Starting to sound a little too much like a vintage Vox, and I tend to like a bit of Fender in my EL84 tone.
- Listen to Solsbury Hill in headphones. Obviously some producer was very excited about the new cutting edge ‘auto pan’ effect. Maybe it’s to symbolize the beating wings of the eagle who tells Peter Gabriel to grab his things because it’s come to take him home? Man, you gotta love the ’80’s.
- “But then if we never take time, how can we ever have time?”
- And yes, I just quoted The Merovingian from The Matrix. I am a #nerd.
- This isn’t Twitter, so I didn’t need to do the little tag sign before ‘nerd.’ But I thought it was a nice touch to increase said nerdiness.
- Isn’t it weird how ‘nerd’ has almost become a cool thing to call yourself now? As technology continues to increase, I think it will only become cooler. In the future, people will rent the movie ‘Nerds’ in their Apple iEyes, and be completely confused.
- hehe Timothy Busfield.
- The Electro-Harmonix Freeze is one of the coolest ideas I’ve ever seen for a pedal. Be great if it actually sounded good. 😉 Okay, that was just uncalled for. Suffice to say, it does not work with my rig. But would you actually have read it if I had just said ‘The EH Freeze doesn’t work in my rig?’ No, you wouldn’t. I know because I am an absolute expert.
- I expect so much from myself. Because I’m so nervous about what it says about me if I don’t perform perfectly in all aspects of life. So the focus of my life revolves entirely around me and maintaining a perfect view of myself backed by actual instances in life of excelling; which is pride. Stemming from a very sad place of insecurity. Amazing how those two seemingly polar opposites are inexorably linked.
- And yes, I learned the word ‘inexorably’ from The Matrix, also. 😉
- Why is it 7,000 degrees where I live, and why do I live here? Oh ya, because I still cling to the belief that one day I will be walking down Sunset Boulevard, and Sam Mendes will say, ‘Hey, you’re cool. You’re the coolest guy I’ve ever seen. Will you star in, and score, my new movie?’ You’d be surprised how little I’m joking right now. Sad, yes. One time I wrote a screenplay and drove to Universal to march up the stairs and have a meeting with all the producers and directors who hang out in the studio lobby just waiting for screenplays. The security guard told me to turn around. This is actually a true story. My friends who were in the car with me will never let me forget it. hehe
- Crickets like, attack you, man.
- You know that Friends song? The Wicked Game? It seriously has one of the most toneful and tasteful solo’s ever, from:
- James Calvin Wilsey, everyone. Insane tone from what looks to be a strat and a Deluxe or Princeton, and maybe a couple pedals. Plus, it ends with pretty much the best sentiment I’ve ever heard. Since his girl left him, Chris Isaak concludes with: ‘Nobody…loves…no one.’ Best ever. Also, his guitar has his name on it, and why can’t we wear cool sparkly suits like that anymore?
- Hedge of protection. Always pictured an oleander bush following the bus down the freeway when our school would pray for this.
- One time, in Radio Shack, I had the adapter I needed in my hand and was ready to walk to the checkout, when an employee caught me. They asked what I was looking for. I told them, without thinking about the consequences. They proceeded to look for it, unsuccessfully for like, 10 minutes. I felt too bad to say anything. Finally they handed me the wrong thing and left, and then I was free to put it back, take the right thing that had been in my hand the whole time up to the counter, and explain to the cashier during checkout why I still do not need 600 batteries…same as when I came in last week.
- I think it’s incredible sometimes the things we’ve both consciously and subconsciously, both collectively and individually, added as qualifications for salvation.
- Oceans are beautiful.
- I am so afraid of being normal.
- “Pick up your crazy heart, and give it one more try.”
- Been really into the acoustic lately. With the Blue Sky on it of course. 😉
- “So scared of getting old; I’m only good at being young.” John Mayer, you are correct, sir. You like yourself a lot, but you are correct.