What else can be said? If you’re not believing 100% in every note you play, and letting a drop of bloody angst dissipate across each melodic line, I don’t care if you’re playing a Top Hat, Hayseed, Line 6, Bruno, or plugging straight in. All of that pails in comparison to soul, feel, and passion. (But, uh, once you have acquired said soul, feel, and passion…it can’t hurt to filter all that passion through a good tube amp. )
It doesn’t get much better. Tone, taste, and feel:
Okay, maybe it does:
BB King: “I’m horrible with chords.”
Bono: “I don’t think there’s much chords in this song. Maybe 2.”
Classic on both counts.
Terrible posting on my part lately. Hey, when holidays flow into weekends, I’m over. However, demos are coming soon. The whole digital versus analog thing will be a bit, as I need to acquire all that stuff at prices low enough to allow me to resell them without losing money. (Stupid, necessary money.) But some new pedals are on their way to be demo’d. And…here’s the real kicker…they’re from Boss. I think I just lost half my audience.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day
- Best Public Service Announcement Ever
- Saturday Night Live & Worship Leading
- Dude, Have You Ever Heard of Line 6?
- Anti-Solo Construct, Layering, & Overdrive Shootout Addendum
- Face-melting, Flock of Seagulls & Failure
- I’ve Got a Reputation to Keep Up Here
- Actually Playing Music
- Minimalism (the Less Boring Way)
- Guitar For Worship……dot com!