Does it Still Pump Your Heart?
There is nothing like cranking your amp, hitting it with a germanium fuzz, and throwing some delay on for good measure. I did this a couple nights ago, and my blood literally started to rush through my body. Like, real adrenaline. If it’s not still pumping your heart, then there’s something wrong.
Of course, once service started, I had to turn back down. But there’s something therapeutic about soundwaves beating your heart for you, for even just a few seconds. And I’ve needed that this week. I apologize, as this is the longest I’ve ever been away from the blog. I literally have not had time to even check back in here. I don’t think I’ve ever asked for this publicly, but if you happen to remember throughout the day, if you could throw up a prayer for me, I wouldn’t be against it. My sincerest apologies for not being around, but I hope to be back pumping my heart with tone, and your ears with U2 and delay propaganda, very soon.
And because you just can’t not smile when you hear this song (and yes, Tony Levin is wearing knee pads…as he skips):
hehe You’re smiling right now. I know. Can’t help it. Even here:
- Tone Is Not in the Dogma
- Tone, Tapas, & Tape Measures (Except Not the Last Two)
- Scumnico, Twin Peaks, & David Gilmour
- Geekin’ Out, Digital Goodness & Worship
- Give the Gift of Tone
- Why Tone Matters
- All the…Small Things
- Blindfolded Tone Part 1: The Power of the Blue LED
- Live Looping, My All-Time Favorite Pedal, & ‘I Don’t Know What to do with My Hands’
- Why Effects and Rigs are Necessary Part 2: That Rig