Ah, the internet. Humility and entertainment, all in one. See, on this blog, I think people feel the need to at least be somewhat civil when I give a bad review to your favorite pedal or make fun of that solo Lincoln Brewster knows. ( 😉 ) Yep. I deserve all that I get. lol And on youtube, that’s exactly what happens. So, from my youtube gear demo videos, here are a few of my favorites:
On ‘The Truth About the Digitech Bad Monkey’:
- um… okay. A $40 stock mass-manufactured pedal, versus a $100 pedal that’s then been modded by one of the best in the business, and another handmade pedal running at a higher voltage… with “close to the same settings”… FAIL
- you dont know what the **** you`re talking about
- NO PEDAL BEATS THE TS-9
This is a great pedal it loves my Marshall 18 watt.
Billy G. just phoned for a stand in gig, ;-)) but really it is an overdrive NOT a metal **** pedal
Push it hard with a LP and just listen… (50 Euro’s, come on)
2e you talk to much, thanks for the demo anyway dude.
- maybe if he actually played something we could get a better idea. The only time you actually played any licks is when both pedals were combined.
- Your settings on the Bad Monkey are way off. You really need to have the low and high knobs at 9:00 or higher. The way you have them you’re getting a boxy mid hump….which you really only would want if the amp is cranked more. The truth is that you haven’t figured out how to use the Bad Monkey with that extra knob and all…unless you’re just dialing the Monkey not to sound good to justify your boutique pedals.
On ‘Tubescreamer Mods: Are They for Real?’:
- so boring saying “heuuuu” “heuuu” all the time !
- You can do this all you want, but I’ve OWNED all three. The only one I still own is the Analogman silver modded one. it’s worth the money. FOR SURE.
- I’m wearing the same pair of shoes right now. (Karl’s edit: Okay, that one’s just awesome!)
- A $40 Digitech Bad Monkey sounds better than all of them
- You need to do this again without linking the pedals. The individual tones are bleeding into one another ever so slightly…but they are.
- If you honestly think you can tell through low quality youtube camera videos, you’re fooling yourself.
This next one was on a joke demo I did of a simple amp channel switching footswitch:
On ‘Boss FS5L Demo’:
On ‘Matchless Hotbox Demo’:
- You realize you never turned the treble control at any time in the entire video right?
Way too much talking
- Sorry didn’t realize that turning the other of only 2 tone knobs qualified as some esoteric “standard”.I wonder why no one else noticed…Also I guess I was mistaken about what was being demo’d it does say “Matchless Hotbox Demo”not “listen to me talk about about a Matchless Hotbox Demo” There,there.
And my personal favorite, because I really do admire the wit on this one:
On ‘Fender Vs. Melancon’:
- Is it possible to switch guitar players ?
hehehe You just gotta love it. What in the world did we do before the internet?
Although, I have to admit…a lot of those comments were very, very true. hehehe When someone rails you, you have a choice. You can either get indignant, or you can go back and actually listen to the video in question and go, ‘Oh ya…I did just say random nonsense words until about 3 minutes into it before hitting the first chord.’ lol Ah, splendid.