This is the origin of the term, ‘the anti-solo’. Actually, he never uses that exact term; the true origin of that saying is probably only in my mind, as I tend to make up random phrases that make me happy, and then attribute them to famous people. But this is the video that explains it the best. The anti-solo, rhythmic solo, minimalism, actually playing what the music seems to be asking for rather than ‘that riff you know’ (I’m guilty of that, too); this condenses it all up quite nicely.
And once again, try to look past the outfit.
That’s one of my all-time favorite clips, and I think it really speaks for itself. I’m not very good at letting things speak for themselves; but this time, I’m going to try.
- The Edge Waxes Poetic on His Guitars » Whether a tree falls to the south or to the north, in the place where it falls, there will it lie
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day
- Shoot Me, Dragon!
- Best Public Service Announcement Ever
- Saturday Night Live & Worship Leading
- Ibanez DE7 Delay Review & Demo
- The Never Ending Search for Tone
- Dude, Have You Ever Heard of Line 6?
- Everything is Music
- Anti-Solo Construct, Layering, & Overdrive Shootout Addendum